This year’s Grammy Awards witnessed Daft Punk walk away with the awards for the best song “Get Lucky” and the best album for “Random Access Memories”.
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards that went on stage on Sunday night was a grand affair with music stars flocking the venue to know who all were picked the winners.
Though Daft Punk, in his usual style, stayed silent, singer-songwriter Paul Williams went ahead and accepted the album of the year award.
According to CNN, on January 27, Williams went generous with his acceptance speech, saying that “… two robots asked me to make an album.” The man who sang the “Get Lucky” hit, Pharrell Williams, accepted the award for the record of the year.
While the Grammy for the New Artist of the year went to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Royals, Lorde won the award for the Pop solo performance.
The laurel for the Pop duo/Group performance went to “Get Lucky”, (Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams) the best Pop vocal album award was bestowed on Unorthodox Jukebox, Bruno Mars.
The other awards:
- Dance recording: Clarity, Zedd featuring Foxes
- Dance/electronica album : Random Access Memories, Daft Punk
- Traditional pop vocal album : To Be Loved, Michael Bublé
- Rock performance : Radioactive, Imagine Dragons
- Metal performance: God Is Dead?, Black Sabbath
- Rock song: Cut Me Some Slack (Dave Grohl, Paul McCartney, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear)
- Rock album: Celebration Day, Led Zeppelin
- Alternative music album: Modern Vampires of the City, Vampire Weekend
- R&B performance: Something, Snarky Puppy with Lalah Hathaway
- Traditional R&B performance: Please Come Home, Gary Clark Jr.
- R&B song: Pusher Love Girl ( performed by Justin Timberlake)
- Urban contemporary album: Unapologetic, Rihanna
- R&B album: Girl On Fire, Alicia Keys
- Rap performance: Thrift Shop, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
- Rap/sung collaboration: Holy Grail, Jay Z featuring Justin Timberlake
- Rap song : Thrift Shop (performed by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz)
- Rap album: The Heist, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Country solo performance: Wagon Wheel, Darius Rucker
- Country duo/group performance: From This Valley, The Civil Wars
- Country song : Merry Go ‘Round (Kacey Musgraves)
- Country album: Same Trailer Different Park, Kacey Musgraves
- Producer (non-classical): Pharrell Williams
- Comedy album: Calm Down Gurrl, Kathy Griffin
- Musical theater album: Kinky Boots