One dead after Carbon Monoxide leaked at a New York Mall Eatery

Russia Targets Facebook Spokesperson in Escalating Tech War

After a carbon monoxide leak at a restaurant in a New York mall, the 55-year-old restaurant manager was found dead and more than two dozen people had to be hospitalized on Saturday. Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas which can lead to death by suffocation.

Police said that 27 people who were affected by carbon monoxide had to be taken to the area hospitals. Some of the patients had been treated and already released.

The restaurant is about 35 miles east of New York City. Police said that they responded shortly after receiving a call after 6 p.m. Among those overcome by carbon monoxide at the complex are 4 ambulance personnel and 3 officers.

Police said that the first call was about a woman who was down in the basement of the Legal Sea Foods outlet. When the rescue workers arrived at the scene, they felt lightheaded and nauseated which made them suspect it as a carbon monoxide leak.

All those affected were restaurant employees, ambulance workers ore police. Police said that the leak appeared to have originated from the heating system and the incident seemed to be confined in the basement area. However other restaurants along with the Legal Sea Foods restaurant were also evacuated as a precaution.