September 18, 2014: The Islamic State (ISIS) group reportedly has released a video that appears to warn US against sending troops to Iraq.
A video titled ‘Flames of War’ with a duration of 52 seconds looks like a trailer with tanks being hit and many US men and soldiers on their knees awaiting execution, a report on Timesof India mentioned.
Surprisingly a lot of efforts have probably gone in the making of the film that shows slow-motion replays. Rumors have it that the video may have been released by Al Hayat Media Centre, which is best known for distributing the propaganda of ISIS.
The video was released on September 17, 2014 and has an ending that says “coming soon”.
It was released hours after General Martin Dempsey, who happens to be the chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, said to the Senate Armed Services that he could recommend sending US soldiers in Iraq if the current strategy seems insufficient.
ISIS has been off late releasing many odd videos, including two videos where two American journalists were beheaded. In the third video, they have beheaded an aid working, this time from the British origin.
Many other propaganda videos have been released that aim to persuade people in the west to join in the ISIS fight in Iraq and Syria.
On the other hand, a recent post on CNN reported that US President Obama is not willing to send back troops to Iraq saying fight against ISIS ‘more effective’ without US being involved.
“After a decade of massive ground deployments, it is more effective to use our unique capabilities in support of partners on the ground so they can secure their own countries’ futures. And that’s the only solution that will succeed over the long term.” he said.
He also mentioned that people in those countries need to work. “When we do things alone and the countries — the people of those countries — aren’t doing it for themselves, as soon as we leave, we start getting the same problems,” Obama added.
Unexpectedly, many Americans have supported airstrikes in Syria and Iraq, although majority of them would not want “boots-on-the-ground” war anymore.
Last week on September 10, Obama addressed the nation and said that although American military advisers are being deployed in Iraq, but no means they will have a combat mission, reported CNN.
The American military advisers would only work on training and intelligence-gathering capacity.
“We will not get dragged into another ground war in Iraq,” Obama had said on September 10.
Meanwhile there have been a lot of questions on the strategy, especially after the President’s admission last month on how US lacked a strategy in combating ISIS in Syria.
The statement drew quite a lot of criticism from many corners, with opponents taking chance on commenting that the President’s office is muddying the message.
The situation in Iraq has also forced Britain to take note, given that an innocent aid working was beheaded for no reason, for which British Prime Minister David Cameron has said that “‘We have to confront the menace”.