The California Middle-Class Tax Refund (MCTR) is a one-time payment to provide relief to Californians.
If you are eligible, you will automatically receive a payment. Payments are expected to be issued between October 2022 and January 2023.
For questions or to activate your card, visit the contact information on this page.
You qualify for a California stimulus check payment if you:
- Filed a 2020 California income tax return by October 15, 2021;
- Reported an adjusted gross income on your 2020 California tax return of $250,000 or less if you filed as a single person or married person filing a separate tax return, or $500,000 or less for anyone else;
- Weren’t claimed as dependent on anyone else’s 2020 tax return;
- Were a California resident for at least six months in 2020; and
- Are a California resident on the date your payment is issued.
Use the California Franchise Tax Board’s handy online tool (opens in new tab) to check your eligibility and get an estimate of how much money you should get.