New Delhi, May 25 (ANI): India’s new Parliament building will be inaugurated on May 28 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The building, which is located in the heart of New Delhi, has been built at a cost of over Rs 970 crore.
The new Parliament building will make every Indian proud. This video offers a glimpse of this iconic building. I have a special request- share this video with your own voice-over, which conveys your thoughts. I will re-Tweet some of them. Don’t forget to use #MyParliamentMyPride. pic.twitter.com/yEt4F38e8E
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 26, 2023
The new Parliament building is a four-storey structure with a seating capacity of 888 for the Lok Sabha and 300 for the Rajya Sabha. It also has a grand Constitution Hall, a lounge for members of Parliament, a library, multiple committee rooms, dining areas, and ample parking space.
The building has been designed to be energy efficient and sustainable. It has been equipped with solar panels and rainwater harvesting systems. The building also has a green roof, which will help reduce the city’s heat island effect.
The construction of the new Parliament building was started in 2020. The building was designed by Ahmedabad-based HCP Design, Planning, and Management and constructed by Tata Projects Limited.
The inauguration of the new Parliament building is a significant event for India. It is a symbol of the country’s growing economic and political power. The building will also help to improve the efficiency of Parliament and make it more accessible to the public.
The opposition parties have raised concerns about the cost of the new Parliament building. They have also accused the government of not following due process in building construction. However, the government has defended the project, saying that it is necessary to build a new Parliament building to accommodate the growing number of MPs.
The inauguration of the new Parliament building is a major event in India’s political calendar. It is a symbol of the country’s growing economic and political power. The building will also help to improve the efficiency of Parliament and make it more accessible to the public.
Here are 10 things to know about India’s new parliament building:
- The new parliament building is located in New Delhi, India.
- Bimal Patel, an Indian architect, designed the building.
- The new parliament building began in December 2020 and was completed in May 2023.
- The new parliament building has a total area of 64,500 square meters.
- The new parliament building has a seating capacity of 888 members in the Lok Sabha and 384 members in the Rajya Sabha.
- The new parliament building has a number of state-of-the-art facilities, including a library, a cafeteria, and a parking garage.
- The new parliament building is built to withstand earthquakes and other natural disasters.
- The new parliament building is expected to cost ₹862 crore (US$110 million).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new parliament building on May 28, 2023.
- The new parliament building is expected to be the seat of the Parliament of India for the next 100 years.
Here are some additional details about the new parliament building:
- The building is made of reinforced concrete and steel.
- The roof of the building is made of glass and steel.
- The building has a number of green features, including a rainwater harvesting system and a solar power plant.
- The building is designed to be energy efficient.
- The building is wheelchair accessible.
The new parliament building is a symbol of India’s progress and its commitment to democracy. It is a fitting home for the Parliament of India, which is the country’s supreme legislative body.
Leave a Reply