Fortnite fans are in for a treat as the game is about to enter a new chapter with a nostalgic twist. Chapter 4, Season OG will bring back some of the original map locations players have missed since the island was revamped in Chapter 2. Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming season, including when it starts, what to expect, and how to prepare.
The current season of Fortnite, Chapter 3, Season 8, will end on November 30th at 4 PM ET. The new season will begin shortly after, with a live event called “The End” that will transition the game into Chapter 4. The event will start at 6 PM ET and last about an hour. Players are advised to log in at least an hour before the event to secure their spot and witness the epic finale of Chapter 3.
Original Map Locations
One of the most exciting features of Chapter 4, Season OG, is the return of some of the classic map locations from the first chapter of Fortnite. According to leaks and rumors, some of the locations that will be making a comeback are:
- Tilted Towers: The iconic skyscraper-filled city that was a hot spot for action and loot.
- Dusty Depot: The three warehouses that were destroyed by a meteor and turned into Dusty Divot in Chapter 1, Season 4.
- Greasy Grove: The burger joint that was frozen over by a glacier and later flooded by a lake in Chapter 2.
- Moisty Mire: The swampy area that was replaced by a desert and then a prison in Chapter 2.
- Anarchy Acres: The farm that Lazy Links replaced and then Frenzy Farm in Chapter 2.
These are just some of the locations that are rumored to return, but there may be more surprises in store for players who miss the old map.
Besides the map changes, Chapter 4, Season OG, will also introduce new features, items, and challenges to keep the game fresh and fun. Some of the things to look out for are:
- A new battle pass with 100 tiers of rewards, including skins, emotes, gliders, pickaxes, and more.
- A new theme revolves around superheroes and villains from Marvel Comics, such as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Storm, Doctor Doom, and Galactus.
- A new gameplay mechanic that allows players to use superpowers from different Marvel characters, such as flying, shooting lasers, summoning lightning, and more.
- A new storyline that pits players against Galactus, the world-eater who is coming to devour the island.
- A new mode called Nexus War lets players team up with their favorite Marvel heroes or villains and fight against Galactus and his minions.
Chapter 4, Season OG, is shaping up to be one of the most exciting and nostalgic seasons of Fortnite ever.