Pakistan won the toss and opt to bowl against Australia in the 2nd Test. At the end of the first days play, Australia scored 187 for the loss of 3 wickets. Stay tuned for the second days play.
The much-anticipated Boxing Day Test between Australia and Pakistan, happening at the Melbourne Cricket Ground from December 26 to 30, 2023, has a variety of ways to catch the action, both on TV and through live streaming.
- Australia: Channel 7 will be broadcasting the match live and free across Australia.
- Australia: Fox Cricket will be providing dedicated coverage of the Test, with expert commentary and analysis.
- Worldwide: Kayo Sports will offer live streaming of the match for subscribers.
- India: Disney+ Hotstar will be live streaming the match for viewers in India.
- Pakistan and other selected countries: Star Sports Network will be live-streaming the match in Pakistan and other select regions.
The match starts at 10:30 AM AEDT each day, which translates to:
5:00 AM IST (India)
11:30 PM GMT (UK)
6:30 AM EST (USA and Canada)
Australia in the driver’s seat: After a dominant 360-run win in the Perth Test, Australia hold all the cards. Their batting looked imperious, with Marnus Labuschagne and Steve Smith piling on massive scores. The pace attack, spearheaded by Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc, ripped through the Pakistani batting with ruthless efficiency.
Pakistan seeking redemption: The tourists will be desperate to bounce back from the Perth hammering. Azhar Ali and Babar Azam need to find form with the bat, while Shaheen Shah Afridi must rediscover his rhythm with the ball. If they can put up a fight, the MCG’s pace-friendly conditions could offer them a glimmer of hope.
Pitch and weather: The MCG is known for its bouncy and lively surface, which should favor the Australian fast bowlers. However, the weather forecast is unpredictable, with rain a possibility on some days. If the weather stays dry, expect a high-scoring affair with plenty of wickets tumbling.