Playing Holi with different colours is fun and can be enjoyed only when it is safe. If your skin, eyes and hair come in contact with colours artificial synthetic colors, it will cause more damage.
Wet coloured water which is sprayed using pichkaris and water balloons may go into your eyes. The artificial colours are said to contain heavy metals like lead and these cause eye problems like conjunctivitis, corneal abrasion etc.
Hence for all those celebrating the festival of colours Holi, below are some of the tips :
1. It is always advised to use only natural or eco-friendly colors.
2. Remove you lenses before playing Holi. Instead use sunglasses or protective eye wear.
3. Applying coconut oil to hair before stepping out helps in protecting hair and will also help in removing the color easily.
4. Avoid touching or rubbing eyes and immediately wash them with lukewarm water if coloured water has entered them.
5. Use a moisturiser for skin with an SPF of at least 15. This will help you from tan in sun.
6. Painting your nails with nail polish helps in protecting them.
7. Use cucumber juice or rose water for soothing skin from irritation
8. Use aloe vera or glycerine based soaps while bathing and apply body lotion after bath.
9. Drink loads of water to keep yourself hydrated in the scorching sun.
10. Consult a doctor if there is persistent redness or swelling of eyes
Here’s wishing all of you a very safe and colourful Holi.