Google has officially released its much-anticipated AI model, Gemini, which the company claims surpasses the capabilities of OpenAI’s GPT-4. This new technology has been touted as a “game-changer” in the world of artificial intelligence, and for good reason.
What is Gemini?
Gemini is a large language model (LLM) trained on a massive dataset of text and code. This allows it to perform a wide range of tasks, including:
- Generating human-quality text
- Translating languages
- Writing different kinds of creative content, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, emails, letters, etc.
- Answering your questions in an informative way, even if they are open-ended, challenging, or strange
- Following your instructions and completing your requests thoughtfully
- Use its knowledge to answer your questions in a comprehensive and informative way, even if they are open-ended, challenging, or strange
What makes Gemini different from GPT-4?
Google claims that Gemini surpasses GPT-4 in many key ways, including:
- Accuracy: Gemini is said to be more accurate than GPT-4 in tasks such as question answering and text summarization.
- Efficiency: Gemini is claimed to be more efficient than GPT-4, meaning it can run on smaller hardware and with less energy.
- Scalability: Gemini is designed to be scalable, meaning it can be easily adapted to different tasks and use cases.
How can I try Gemini?
Gemini is currently available in three versions:
- Ultra: The most powerful version of Gemini, designed for data centers and enterprise applications.
- Pro: This version is available to developers and enterprise customers through Google Generative AI Studio or Vertex AI in Google Cloud starting December 13th, 2023.
- Nano: A lighter version of Gemini, designed to be run natively and offline on Android devices. Currently available on Pixel 8 Pro devices
Ways you can try Gemini:
- Through Bard: Bard is now powered by Gemini Pro. This means that you can interact with Gemini using the Bard Chat Platform.
- Through Pixel 8 Pro features: Pixel 8 Pro users have access to a few new features powered by Gemini Nano.
- Through Google Generative AI Studio or Vertex AI: Developers and enterprise customers can access Gemini Pro through these platforms.