Nearly half a million households in Wales are set to receive their final installment of the UK government’s £900 Cost of Living support package in February 2024. This final payment of £299 comes as welcome news for many struggling with rising living costs.
- Around 400,000 Welsh households will receive the third and final Cost of Living payment.
- The £299 payment will be automatically distributed between 6th and 22nd February 2024.
- No application is required for eligible individuals.
- The payment is part of a wider £104 billion cost of living support package from the UK government.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the £299 payment, you must have been in receipt of, or entitled to receive, at least one of the following benefits between 13th November 2023 and 12th December 2023:
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Pension Credit
Welsh Secretary David TC Davies commented: “The UK Government acknowledges the ongoing cost of living challenges faced by individuals, and we are committed to assisting those most in need. We are pleased to announce that this final payment will deliver further valuable support to around 400,000 households in Wales, adding to the substantial support already provided.”
This final payment is part of a broader support package from the UK government aiming to ease the burden of rising living costs. While it provides much-needed assistance for many, some argue further action is needed to address the long-term challenges of affordability.