As the holiday season approaches, many Americans wonder if any stimulus checks will come in December 2023. While there is no federal stimulus check planned for this year, some states are still issuing their own payments.
Eligibility and Timing
In general, you will likely be eligible for a state stimulus check if you are a state resident and file a state income tax return.
What to Do
If you are not sure whether you are eligible for a state stimulus check, you can contact your state’s tax department. You can also check the website of your state’s governor for more information.
Here are some of the states that are still issuing stimulus checks in November 2023:
- Arizona: The Arizona Department of Revenue sends rebate checks of up to $750 for taxpayers with dependent children.
- California: The California Franchise Tax Board is mailing out Middle-Class Tax Refund checks of up to $1,050.
- Colorado: The Colorado Department of Revenue is issuing special refunds of up to $750 for eligible taxpayers.
- Maine: The Maine Department of Revenue sends direct deposit payments of up to $850 for eligible taxpayers.
- Maryland: The Maryland Department of Labor and Licensing is issuing one-time tax credits of up to $300 for qualifying taxpayers.
- Missouri: The Missouri Department of Revenue is sending out payments of up to $1,000 for eligible taxpayers.
- New Mexico: The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department is mailing out rebate checks of up to $500 for qualified taxpayers.
- New York: The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is issuing one-time payments of up to $270 for eligible taxpayers.
- Vermont: The Vermont Department of Taxes sends direct deposit payments of up to $500 for eligible taxpayers.